We are excited to announce that the faculty recruiting cycle for the BSSP is officially open for the Medical School, beginning October 1, 2022.
How To Apply:
Identification of potential BSSP candidates will take place at the level of units and unit-based searches, across all biosciences units at the University of Michigan. The unit can advance the candidate's application materials to the BSSP Committee for assessment of whether the candidate can be considered further for BSSP scholar designation.
Interviews typically take place between November through March within each unit/department. Appointees are expected to establish and maintain an outstanding research program, to bring or develop substantial external research funding, and to become leaders in departmental and program activities, including teaching at the medical, graduate, and/or undergraduate levels.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A PhD, MD, or other terminal degree
- A minimum of two years of postdoctoral experience (or equivalent)
- Evidence of superlative scientific accomplishment and scholarly promise
All faculty recruited through BSSP are appointed at the assistant professor level and must not have had a previous tenure-track faculty appointment. The final determination of scholar designation and BSSP support for biosciences candidates being recruited to non-Michigan Medicine units will be made by the Biosciences Initiative Coordinating Committee.
Other Timeline considerations:
October 1, 2022: BSSP application process opens for initial rolling consideration of top-rated unit candidates
Nov 2022-May 2023: Review of nominated candidates by the BSSP Committee
February 28, 2023: Last date to receive nominations of unit-based candidates
Reasons to Choose the University of Michigan
- Departments of unusual depth and extraordinary collegiality
- Collaborative faculty with interest in interdisciplinary cooperation
- State-of-the art facilities, including the new Biological Science Building, the North Campus Research Complex and Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- U-M routinely voted one of the best places to work
- Ann Arbor is ranked as a great place to live, with a smart, friendly and diverse community
Frequently Asked Questions
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to answer them.